Wednesday 15 August 2007

A tale of many WIPs

I just can't stop starting new projects! I'm trying to restrict myself to concentrating on a couple of main ones at the moment but there's so much nice stuff in the stash that I want to have a go at. Florian fox is finished except for the addition of eyes and a mouth - have a look at the latest post on Woolie Mind to see him happily rummaging around the lovely noro yarn at Twist Fibre Craft in Newburgh on Saturday.


The uknown WIP

While we were there, I came across some balls of Noro Silver Thaw in the reduced basket so I bought a couple but I'm still deciding what to do with it. I have to admit that I like the look of this stuff more when it's in ball form than when it's knitted so I'm stuck! My latest idea is to have a go at a fish scale scarf like this one, but I'm still not 100% sure.


The mystery WIP




Also currently on the needles is a mystery fun project that will hopefully create a few laughs when it is presented to its owner in a few weeks time. Can't reveal too much just yet in case it is seen by the person it's intended for, but I'll tell all when the time comes. For now, suffice to say that it's a bit fiddly, but not too difficult, quite fun to knit and quite quick going.





The long-term WIP


I'm using my ebay-sniped Debbie Bliss Alpaca Silk to make the Stith Diva Simple Knitted Bodice. Not got very far yet, but it's a nice straightforward pattern and I like the idea of the top-down, no seams, try-as-you-go design. We'll see if it really works so well in practice! The yarn is lovely and silky and soft, but a little tricky to work with as a result, I keep pushing the needles through the yarn rather than around it. Seems an awful lot simpler than the butterfly wrap crochet pattern that I got from the same site. I'm by no means a crocheter, but to me it seems very hard to follow and full of mistakes so I'm too scared to get going on that one.




The not quite WIP

Also whilst at Newburgh on Saturday, I bought 9 rounds of lopi roving with the intention of making a bag as a Christmas present for my mum. I'm still at the stage of winding the stuff into balls - no small job - but hey it's only August. Loads of time yet!


The boring WIP
Still have to make cubes to go with that baby blanket. I've completed one so far, and started making the faces of the second. Bored with it.

No comments: