Tuesday 21 July 2009

Zigzag City

I've recently finished two patterns using the same combination of increases and decreases to create zigzags in the knitting. First, the previously alluded to jaywalkers (pattern by Grumperina), in a greeny bluey shade of Trekking XXL. I like how the colour changes show off the zigzags, and I am especially pleased that the patterning on each sock is pretty darn close to an exact match even though I wasn't trying - honest! I'd have no problem with completely different stripes on one compared to the other, but I don't think I could ignore it if they were a centimeter or two out from each other so I'm really glad this one turned out so well.



Second zigzag project is the chaton minet felted basket pattern from sock pixie. I used three colours of lopi roving from Twist Fibre Craft Studio, and added a few pattern repeats to make the basket bigger. Dilly seemed to go for it even before it was dry, so I'm counting it as a success for now. It remains to be seen how long before she returns to her penchant for piles of clean washing instead...

4 comments:

Team Knit said...

Those jaywalkers look great! the stripes worked out beautifully. And how awesome is that cat bed?! your kitty looks VERY happy in it.

- Julie

pdxknitterati/MicheleLB said...

Both projects look like a complete success! I've thought about knitting a cat bed, but I'm sure my cat would use something else to sleep in. She's like that...

Di said...

Dilly looks so happy in your felted cat bed!! Love it...oh and your socks look great too!

Manoute said...

Great socks.
I love dilly's bed, she looks so happy in it!