Monday 18 February 2008

Oat and Peanut Butter Cookies


Here's what I made for the lab meeting last week, after a pilot run the weekend before which went to the knitting group in Newburgh. You can see my new multi-storey cooling rack in action, it's perfect for batch baking!


Peanut butter and oat cookies (makes about 40-45)

3/4 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup caster sugar
1tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
2 eggs
1tsp vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups wholemeal plain flour
3 cups rolled oats
1 to 1 1/2 cups choc chips or choc covered peanuts roughly chopped


Beat the peanut butter and vegetable oil together, then beat in the sugars, baking soda and baking powder, then the eggs and vanilla extract. Stir in the flour and then the oats. Add the choc chips/peanuts if using, and a little more flour if the mixture seems too greasy (it was fine for my first batch, but I added a couple of handfulls of extra flour for the second batch).

Shape the mixture into cookies and bake at 180 for 12-15 minute. Transfer to wire racks to cool.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd forgotten you got that multistory rack thing. Impressive! I think I'll have to make some cookies now.

Anonymous said...

Hey Lou! I made some of these and they taste FAB! I was going to take them to work but I think I'll eat them all myself...

VERY jealous of that multi-rack!