Thursday 24 April 2008

Distractions

I've got a few things in the queue to be blogged about, but work is pretty mad at the moment, so apologies if the blogging slows down. There's been way too much of all 3 of these things in my life recently...



I confess, Laurence was right, I broke my own rule about not starting another scarfy project until Jeanie was finished. I'm blaming the work for that one too! My brain has been too frazzled to comprehend reversible cables and dropped stitches so I've been spending some quality zoned-out time with my new project from Twist. I finished it yesterday and an quite pleased with the result. It was all squashed up on normal straight needles so I didn't realise just how long it actually was until I bound off and released it from the squeeze.



Being at home writing for the last week or so, I've been getting a new insight into the life of a cat. Dilly is very noisy and keen to get the humans out of bed in the morning so she can have breakfast, but then at around 9am she takes on the pose in the pic and remains absolutely still, fully unconscious for a full 6 hours. It can be quite hard to tell which end is which when she turns her head upside down and puts her tail over her face. She wakes at 3, and begins the food acquisition routine - galloping up and down the stairs, walking all over my desk/keyboard, biting my pen and trying to knock my work onto the floor. She also miows very loudly from the lounge to try to get me to come downstairs and see what's going on, hoping that I might just feed her while I'm down there. It's a tough life being a cat!



The daffs are still out at the bottom of the road by the way...




2 comments:

Manoute said...

Hi Louise,
I am happy to see you are surviving the writing stage so far! The shawl is beautiful. you are such a fast knitter! Keep the pressure up (don't forgot the security valve, e.g. knitting) and I hope to see you next Wednesday. Have a nice rainy weekend!

Di said...

Glad you are still doing ok! The new shawl is beautiful and I am glad that Dilly is providing some degree of distraction!