Tuesday 19 August 2008

Ravelympic finish line

Today I finished my second project for the ravelympics, this time competing for team GB in the scarf stroke. As I dealt with the hundreds of ends that this kind of project creates, I was cheering on the real team GB as they got a good haul of gold medals in the sailing and cycling.



My scarf is made up from two types of 5 pointed crochet flower, with the two long strips of flowers joined together down the middle. The yarn is Gedifra chandra and I used a 12mm hook.


This weekend I also finished a felting project that I've been planning to do for ages. The pattern is here, and I followed it without making any modifications for a change. You can never have too many bags!


Here's a pic of the lopi roving at Twist Fibre Craft Studio, just about to be split up into 100g cakes...

2 comments:

Manoute said...

Well done Louise! Both, your bag and scarf are beautiful!

Di said...

Hey Louise! Love the scarf - the colours are just fantastic! And that Lopi looks good enough to eat!