Wednesday 9 May 2007

Brea Bag




Well here's my first attempt at cables - the Brea bag from Berroco, completed just in time to take with me to Milan. Sorry it took so long to get a finished picture Olga! I decided to use the actual yarn in the pattern (Berroco Ultra Alpaca from Jimmy Beans), and was very glad I did because it's lovely. The lining was from a stripey green shirt I got in the shelter shop, and this was the hardest bit to get right. The actual knitting was no probs, 4 repeated sections to each side and a moss stitch strip to join them together. The cord for the strap isn't quite strong enough and keeps snapping so I've got some cotton stuff to replace it with when I get around to it. Love the bag! Making a purse to match using the middle part of the pattern, watch out for it...

No comments: