Monday 18 June 2007

TASTE part 3: pics

Some more pics from Taste Edinburgh

The enormous scallops and tasty salt cured salmon left over from the day’s demonstrations were eagerly awaited by hungry theatre goers. The usual suspects were virtually already seated around the dining table with cutlery in hand as we arrived home at midnight on Saturday.




Jean-Cristophe Novelli’s Vanilla Pod! I promise you it is!




Ray Smith with Cleere making our sausages – a whole carrier bag of them disappeared within minutes when the boys cooked them up for dinner. I have to say that the chorizo-style ones (containing garlic chopped by my own fair hand!) did smell very good even to my vegetarian nose. Amazing smoked paprika.


After a week on the mantle piece in all its shiny glory, the lovely Alessi beast was put to work transforming a load of wrinkly veg into a monster casserole. It swallowed up almost everything I could salvage from the fridge and still was only half full. I love it I love it I love it. Truly a thing of beauty.



No comments: