Monday 9 July 2007

Taste is over :(

Taste is all over - very sad! I met some lovely lovely people and had loads of fun. Not much writing from me tonight though becuase I'm a jibbering zombie wreck barely able to form sentences, but here's some photos from Taste of Birmingham...





Some yummy strawberry tarts from Opus. I made friends with the guys on the stand and they kept our crew in good supply of these, and lemon tart/brownies too. Would like to give their restaurant a go sometime. Bless them and their patisserie. Andy - that pic is for you, amazing!












Jean-Christophe Novelli in action.







Here's Matteo cooking some crew lunch between sessions. Was really great to sit down to a proper meal around the table with everyone, and even the sun came out perfectly on time.











Sorry John, couldn't leave this one out!!!!



The girls out on the razz in brum...















...but I somehow managed to get up early enough to make a cake for the last day






Sunday afternoon thunderstorm, it certainly wasn't a light shower





Chef's Theatre lads



















I was quite excited coming in to land over Dundee this morning on the way home, got some good views. Here's tentsmuir forrest just over the river from Dundee - porcini goldmine - and also a view of Magdalen Yard Green and the Law in the background, I drew a crappy wonky red circle around home. Pretty cool. I think the steward thought I was quite strange!














Dilly in the sun this afternoon. Not Taste-y but definitely cute.


















Jane was quite happy with Jean-Christophe Novelli's apron that I brought home for her! Also in the picture is Aldo Zilli's chitarra that Cleere very kindly let me have. Will be testing it out and making some linguini at the weekend, pics will follow. Judging by the manic look on my face I think it's time I went off to bed and caught up on a few weeks sleep! zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz








Jane's pan bagna was the only thing that persuaded me to come in to work for a few hours after arriving home.

1 comment:

Andy said...

wow! looks like you had a great time at that last one... Good luck with at RC-HQ